// ABYSS AB-1266 Phi Audiophile Reference Headphone
ABYSS AB-1266 Reference Audiophile Headphone
Model AB-1266 Phi
The Greek symbol Phi φ has many contexts in science. Once we finalized all the incremental improvements made to the original AB-1266 speaker driver, it seemed a fitting suffix to this iconic Abyss model.
Musical information is clearly defined, harmony can easily be heard as individual singers within the group, instrument separation is crazy good, bass drums have the rolling of their skins, ‘bass within bass' as we call it. In essence it transports you back to that time and place.
The AB-1266 Phi (AB-1266φ) refines the sonic virtues of our finest headphone with excellent transparency to the source, and hard hitting low frequency impact and resolution. The sound of these headphones easily compares to and in many areas exceed the finest two channel audiophile systems money can buy. More importantly, the AB-1266 Phi will preserve in history one of the finest headphones ever produced.
- Made in the USA. We machine all aluminum frame components and produce our planer speaker drivers in-house in Buffalo, New York.
- Chassis consists of left/right side frames and adjustable two piece headband. No plastic parts to break, all components machined from solid aluminum for exceptional strength. Integrated resonance control for minimal added coloration.
- High quality polymer ceramic finishes, polished metal accents. Custom colors to order.
- Proprietary planar magnetic transducer design (Patent Pending) utilizing our very thin, very low mass diaphragm. Effortless dynamics and low level detail retrieval in the bass, mids, and highs with spacious sound outside of your head. A front row listening experience with stunning bass impact no other headphone can provide, like the finest loudspeakers in a private room.
- Matched driver pairs.
- Unique custom made high power neodymium magnets with optimized slot pattern.
- Low carbon steel front baffle with integrated resonance control.
- Unique foamed aluminum sides acoustically tuned to our planar diaphragm for completely open sound.
- High quality soft lambskin ear pads provide comfort and finely tuned acoustics. Magnetically adjustable positioning lets you fine tune acoustics and fit for your music, and you.
- Padded leather headband with head movement isolation properly distributes weight for hours of comfortable wear. Looks are deceiving, these headphones are designed not to clamp your head, but rather float atop and loosely touch your ears (no problem with eye glasses). 'Abyss' embroidered logo.
- Nicely hand-crafted two-tone felt lined wooden box touting the Abyss Headphones logo secures all of the above.
- All main components permanently laser engraved for traceability and collectability.
|AB-1266 Phi Lite||AB-1266 Phi Deluxe||AB-1266 Phi Complete|
|AB-1266 Phi Headphone||AB-1266 Phi Headphone||AB-1266 Phi Headphone|
|Balanced 8 FT (2.5 meter) 4 pin XLR cable, with flexible 1/4" (6.3 mm) adaptor. All cables are high performance custom made by JPS Labs for Abyss.||Dual balanced 8 FT (2.5 meter) 3 pin XLR cable set, and both 1/4" (6.3 mm) and 4 pin XLR cable Y-adaptors, all custom made high performance cables by JPS Labs for Abyss.||Upgraded JPS Labs Superconductor HP Dual balanced 8 FT (2.5 meter) 3 pin XLR cable set, the highest performance cables available for the AB-1266, and both 1/4" (6.3 mm) and 4 pin XLR cable Y-adaptors.|
|Velvet bag with embroidered ABYSS logo.||Heavy leather man bag style carry case (made in California, USA) with extra room and pockets for an iPad, portable amp or player, for a completely portable high resolution audio system.||Heavy leather man bag style carry case (made in California, USA) with extra room and pockets for an iPad, portable amp or player, for a completely portable high resolution audio system.|
|Heavy aluminum extended height headphone stand, laser engraved ABYSS logo, always ready to play.||Heavy aluminum extended height headphone stand, laser engraved ABYSS logo, always ready to play.|
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 28 KHz
- Impedance: 42 ohms nominal
- Phase: Flat
- Sensitivity: 88 dB/mW
- Distortion: Less than 1%; Less than 0.2% through ears most sensitive range
- Weight: 620 grams