// AB1266 Phi TC Audiophile Reference Headphone
AB1266™ Phi TC Audiophile Reference Headphone
We just can't stop trying to get closer to the music. Introducing the AB1266 Phi TC (Total Consciousness). Newly designed 66 mm planar magnetic speaker drivers deliver the highest resolution of any headphone ever made. Combined with the venerable AB1266 headphone design, newly minted all aluminum frame and posh ear pads means you’ll never have to buy another concert ticket.
A brand new generation of ABYSS planar speakers, these latest drivers offer unprecedented levels of clarity and resolution to sound, without the typical brightness or harshness. Imagine sitting with the band, hearing what they hear, surreal is the best way to describe this new AB1266 Phi TC.
This latest Ceramic Coated version sports a high-tech, durable two-tone polymer ceramic coating on the all metal frame along with newly designed ear pads for greater comfort and improved sound quality.
Musical information is clearly defined, harmony can easily be heard as individual singers within the group, instrument separation is crazy good, bass drums have the rolling of their skins, ‘bass within bass' as we call it. In essence it transports you back to that time and place.AB1266 Phi TC refines the sonic virtues of our finest headphone with excellent transparency to the source, and hard hitting low frequency impact and resolution. The sound of these headphones easily compares to and in many areas exceed the finest two channel audiophile systems money can buy. More importantly, this venerable will preserve in history one of the finest headphones ever produced.
The AB1266 is designed, machined, finished, and carefully hand assembled in New York, USA, and prefers a high quality headphone amplifier for best performance.
- Made in the USA. We machine and finish all aluminum frame components and produce our planer speaker drivers in-house in Buffalo, New York.
- No plastic parts to break, all components machined from solid aluminum for exceptional strength. Integrated resonance control for minimal added coloration. Proprietary patented planar magnetic transducer design utilizing our very thin, very low mass diaphragm. Effortless dynamics and low level detail retrieval in the bass, mids, and highs with spacious sound outside of your head. A front row listening experience with stunning bass impact no other headphone can provide.
- High quality polymer ceramic finish with polished metal accents. Unique breathable aluminum sides acoustically tuned to our planar diaphragm for completely open sound. Balanced 8 FT (2.5 meter) XLR cable set, all custom made high performance cables by JPS Labs for Abyss. Internal wiring also by JPS Labs.
- High quality soft lambskin ear pads provide comfort and finely tuned acoustics. Magnetically adjustable positioning lets you fine tune acoustics and fit for your music, and you. Padded leather headband with head movement isolation properly distributes weight for hours of comfortable wear. Looks are deceiving, these headphones are designed not to clamp your head, but rather float atop and loosely touch your ears (no problem with eye glasses). ‘Abyss’ embossed padded headband.
- Heavy leather man bag style carry case (made in California, USA) with extra room and pockets for an iPad and portable music player, for a completely portable high resolution audio system.
|AB1266 Phi TC Standard Package||AB1266 Phi TC Complete Package|
|AB1266 Phi TC Headphone||AB1266 Phi TC Headphone|
|Balanced 8 FT (2.5 meter) 4 pin XLR cable, with flexible 1/4" (6.3 mm) adaptor. All cables are high performance custom made by JPS Labs for Abyss.||Upgraded JPS Labs Superconductor HP balanced 8 FT (2.5 m) 4 pin XLR cable set, the highest performance cables available for the AB-1266, and 1/4" (6.3 mm) Superconductor HP flexible adaptor cable.(Custom cable lengths available)|
|Velvet bag with embroidered ABYSS logo.||Heavy leather man bag style carry case (made in California, USA) with extra room and pockets for an iPad, portable amp or player, for a completely portable high resolution audio system.|
Optional cable lengths (8 FT / 2.4 m 4 pin XLR is standard)
|Optional cable connector and length|
AB1266 is designed, machined, finished, and carefully hand assembled in New York, USA, and prefers a high quality headphone amplifier for best performance.